Monday, July 5, 2010

Liberty London Girl and Ligne de Soie





Ligne de Soie: Perfect silk robes

JULY 4, 2010 · 7 COMMENTS
Given that there’s little demarcation between my work & my private life, I know that every time I book a plane ticket, the trip will involve work & play. I’ll need outfits for meetings, dinners, events, maybe the pool & some R&R too.  And there’s always some unexpected sartorial curveball.Learning to pack the  perfect capsule wardrobe that will cover all eventualities has taken me years. It’s fine if you are a UK10  (US6) or smaller as your clothes can multi-task more, but if you are any larger then you can’t just fling on a packs-into-nothing vintage silk slip for shopping in the market in the day and then jazz it up with jools and sparkly flats in the evening, as I have suggested countless times in print. (Mea culpa.) You need correct underpinnings, and more substantial  pieces for a start.
But, the same principle applies: everything I pack must justify its place in the case. The silk robe I’m wearing above looks perfect hanging open over my grey-blue Eres tank swimsuit, whilst I hang out around the pool or sit at the beach bar with a cocktail, but works equally well as a piece of bedroom lounge or nightwear. It helps too that it comes with a matching eyemask, and light as a feather damask packing bag.
Ligne de Soie charmeuse silk robes were designed to blend together Asian kimonos with glamorous vintage Hollywood glamour  by Californian Melissa Pelz, a banker who often travels  and couldn’t find the sort of luxurious robe that she was after.
I’m wearing the Coral robe outside my villa at Tortuga Bay in the Dominican Republic back in April. Although it was super windy, the robe has a clever  interior double button fastening & tie closure in addition to the sash to ensure no inadvertent flashing of the neighbours.There are other, equally pretty, prints and cream silk versions that would make a glorious bridal shower gift.Ligne de Soie robes: RRP – £160.00-£210 (single and double layer robes) — £25.00 (eye masks)
2010_02_08_LIGNEDESOIE0023
Ligne de Soie eye mask
ps Please excuse photo: me & camera self-timers are on a learning curve.

No comments: